Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Does Caring For A Plant Teach You Anything?


A couple weeks ago I had a birthday, and my lovely parents sent me flowers.  I couldn't believe the difference having real flowers made in the feel and the SMELL of my apartment!  I got to see them bloom, and then unfortunately die.  I've now developed a desperate need to have something green in my home.  However, I don't want another bouquet.  I want a living, breathing(?) plant.  One that won't die on me.
Now, in the next couple of years I would very much like to get a dog; so while pondering over a houseplant, I was considering whether such a venture would prepare me for dog ownership.  I've heard it said that keeping a plant is like a first step on the ladder of caring for other creatures.  Do you agree with that?  Do you think that if you fail to keep a plant alive, that that says something about your ability to care for an animal or possibly another human being?  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment