Monday, May 26, 2014

21 Days // Cold Brewed Tea

So, it's day eight of the 21 day Tiny Teatox, and my takeaway from this first week is really just how unbelievably exhausting it is to drink three cups of hot tea a day.  Let me first say that I love tea; herbal, green and especially Earl Grey, I'm a fan.  And one of my favorite aspects of tea drinking is the ritual.  I thoroughly enjoy putting the kettle on and waiting for it to scream.  HOWEVER, this ritual becomes cumbersome and quite a hassle when it needs to be done three times a day every day.  As a result, I have turned to cold brewing my tea which has been a massive time saver and an entirely different tea drinking experience.
It's getting warmer here, so I figured most people could benefit in learning this method (and it's so stinking easy!!)
All you need is tea (duh), water, and a container with a lid (think Mason jar).
Step 1: place tea bag into container.
Step 2: fill container with water.
Step 3: seal container with lid.
Step 4: stick container in the fridge.
Step 5: after 4-10 hours, drink that sucker.
It really is that easy folks.  Fun fact though, cold brewing creates different and slightly sweeter flavors from your tea than traditional brewing does.  I never sweeten my tea, but if you're one who does, you might find that you can go without from cold brewing.
Try this out with your tea collection and you'll fall back in love with your favorite teas and hopefully stay cool this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment